The Government have now split the Job Support Scheme into two categories, JSS Open and JSS Closed. This will provide different support so that businesses can receive the correct assistance.
Start Date: 1st November 2020
End Date: 30th April 2021
Employers can claim from the 8th December 2020
For refined information on JSS Open and Closed eligibility, head over to Gov.uk and search for the Job Support Scheme.
EMPLOYERS – CAN – Claim JSS Open and JSS Closed grant at the same time for different employees
CAN’T – Claim both schemes for one employee at the same time
WHO CAN CLAIM? –
Employers who have:
- Enrolled for PAYE online
- Have a UK, Channel Island, or Isle of Man bank account
PUBLICALLY FUNDED –
- Businesses that are completely funded by the public should use the money they receive instead of using the JSS
- Even if your business is partially funded by the public, you can apply for the scheme to make up for money lost
WHO CAN BE CLAIMED FOR? –
- Employees who have been on the employer’s PAYE payroll between 06/04/19 and 23/09/20
- Employees who were in employment on 23/09/20
- Employees on any type of contract, including zero hours and temporary
- For this scheme – agency workers are classed as employees of an employment agency
- Employees don’t need to have been furloughed under the CJRS to be eligible
How to Claim:
- Get Ready to Claim – Employers will be able to make their first claim from the 8th December 2020 on GOV.UK
Make sure you’re ready!
To find out specific information on the JSS for your business, head to GOV.UK